Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN840 Network Problem

Harrywillis

STR-DN840 Network Problem

I use AirPlay on my STR-DN840 over wifi and it worked well, with the occasional loss of connection, but reconnected again. 

Recently, I was watching the amp when the music stopped and the little wii / network symbol (button l/h side of display)  went out. It as not worked since. I cannot get the network connection to work, either with wifi or hard wired Ethernet. When I go to Home / Settings / Network it just shows a screen sayin "Please wait" and nothing happens. 

Everything else on he unit sees to work, but despite resetting it, and my router, I cannot get a network connection. Please help, I miss my music!

13 REPLIES 13
Harrywillis

Well someone from Sony rang and told me that the receiver has to be sent away for repair. Disappointed as no diagnostics were suggested. I dont understand why this wasn't suggested at first. Off to find local repair centre... 

Harrywillis

Repair centre informs me that new network board / card needed. Awaiting return of unit.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update - at least they seem to have found the problem and got a solution.  Its just it takes soooo long !

Harrywillis

Looking back, it might be more than just coincidence that the amp was relocated from an open, glass shelf TV stand to a partition in a wooden (ha) unit that has a solid back, and only open at the front. I'm beginning to think that heat build up might have led to the failure. 

When end I get the amp back, I'm going to make sure there is more ventilation.