Join now - be part of our community!

STR DN860 googlecast issue

profile.country.GB.title
Darbo25

STR DN860 googlecast issue

Will the googlecast debacle please be addressed?  This feature was used a lot in this house,  it was great for parties where my tablet (z3 compact)  was left lying around for people to just browse and choose what track they wanted to play from my fairly large collection,  but since you decided to break the feature by not allowing the sub to work alongside the speakers it is completely redundant,  the really annoying thing is its apparently to assist the 1060 with multi room,  so why add it to the 860? It doesn't have bloody multi room! I'm not willing to take my amp to a Sony centre and lose my amp for a month to have the software rolled back (I don't even think I have one local to me),  can you please release the previous software and allow people to choose whether to have the feature it was advertised as having or not? 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have sent Sony a message to find out why the sub is disabled when casting and whether this can/will be resolved.

Will post back if I receive any information.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Darbo25

Much appreciated,  thankyou, I don't mean to sound like a moaner but it's something I use a lot. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome :slight_smile:

Nahh you didnt come across as a 'moaner' - I can understand yours (and others) frustrations over this though.

profile.country.GB.title
Darbo25

Good stuff,  cheers bud.