Join now - be part of our community!

TV Remote has stopped switching off STR DN860

profile.country.GB.title
Antonius2
New

TV Remote has stopped switching off STR DN860

Hi, This is my set-up. Virgin Tivo into Sat/Catv, Arc out to TV HDMI1 Arc in. The problem is I can turn both the TV (Sharp Aquos) and the DN860 with one press of the TV remote, but when I go to turn off, only the TV responds and I have to turn off the Amp using the Sony remote. This only started a couple of days ago, prior to that it worked fine.

Also, the input display on the TV is showing Tivo, prior to this problem it was showing STR DN860.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Ant (for short)

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In regards to turning the STR-DN860 off when you turn off the TV -

• Ensure that "Device Auto Power Off" is set to ON in the Sharp Aquos settings - unsure on which model you have, but the manual for your TV should say so.
  • On the STR-DN860 - ensure that "Control for HDMI" is set to ON - see HERE

In regards to the input display on the TV showing TIVO instead of STR-DN860 - you have more than likely changed your HDMI cables around recently?  However in your TV settings, you should be able to re-name the HDMI inputs - again, consult your TV manual on how to do so.

If the input name is wrong on the STR-DN860 - the instructions on how to rename them are ; HERE

Cheers

kulbhupa
Explorer

Hi, my DN1060 stopped responding to HDMI signals from the TV, all because I started powering it using an extension socket. For some reason HDMI or Bravia Sync gets confused if not powered directly from a wall socket. As soon as plugged it back into a wall, HDMI functionality to the TV returned - although it took one hell of a long time figuring out what I had changed!