Join now - be part of our community!

Built in Webcam not working!

profile.country.en_GB.title
Senjlimbu
Visitor

Built in Webcam not working!

hello everyone

I recently discovered that the build in webcam was missing from my computer system and I don't know how to reinstall/restore it. I was wondering if anyone knows how to solve this issue.

I'm using a vpcsb4c5e model

with windows 7.

if you require any further system information please let me know; and any assistance that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Senjimbu,

Is there anything listed in Device Manager under Imaging Devices? If not do you have an unknown device listed – if so are there any error codes for this device?

Can you confirm that the camera has worked at some stage and that you have not changed the operating system since purchase?

For initial trouble shooting try the following:

Open Device Manager and (if present) delete the unknown device or any camera device listed in Imaging Devices.

Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers and remove all listed controllers.

Shut down and remove the power adaptor and battery and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Re-attach the power adaptor and battery and reboot – Windows will reinstall the USB controllers.

Let us know the answers to the above questions if the troubleshooting procedure makes no difference.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat