Join now - be part of our community!

finger reader not activating?

profile.country.en_GB.title
virusse
Visitor

finger reader not activating?

got a new series z vaio, all good, and biometrics kicked in for website logins.  all good but suddenly there is no prompt to swipe my finger on websites at all now.  all that time wasted registering the websites and now nothing!!  any ideas?? i have spent an hour troubleshooting, the registration is still ok and my long ins are showing up but not when i go online.....

Tags (3)
12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi viruses,

You haven’t stated which browser you are using but if it is Firefox and have updated recently to release 10 or 11 you may need to update the password bank extension. There is only a beta available for version 10 and 11 (pbff7134alpha).

Have a look at the following link.

http://support.authentec.com/Downloads/DownloadManager.aspx?EntryId=84

If you are using IE then open Protector Suite Control Center > Password Bank > Settings. Put a check next to ‘ Alert me if...a website could be replayed’ – Apply.

Rich

Message was edited by: rich912

To provide info for Internet Explorer.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
virusse
Visitor

thanks for the suggestion. i am IE, how do i open protector suite? have tried searching....

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

To open the Protector Suite Control Center either double click the icon in the system tray or click Start > All Programs > Protector Suite > Control Center.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
virusse
Visitor

mmmm... tried start/ all programs but no protector suite! this is getting interesting

firionicable
Visitor

I have the same question. If you are using either Mozilla or Chrome, how can I setup the password bank extension or anything related to finger reader?

Thanks a lot.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

virusse wrote:

mmmm... tried start/ all programs but no protector suite! this is getting interesting

Very strange!

Open Windows Explorer and navigate to Program Files > Protector Suite. Is there a file named ctlcntrv.exe? If so double click to run.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi virusse,

Another member has highlighted that some newer z series use TrueSuite not Protector Suite for the fingerprint software (thanks Blencogo).

Can you find this listed in Start - All Programs?

Apologies for any confusion caused.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
virusse
Visitor

it is indeed true suite and i have been in this before and its all up to date so i cant understand why when i am on IE websites it doesnt prompt again for my finger reading, i need to input the old way!

i have it on fast user switching and quicklaunch?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I am not familiar with TrueSuite but the manual suggest that in addition to fast user switching and quick launch there is also another option to enable Website Log On. Have you tried enabling this?

http://support.authentec.com/Downloads/DownloadManager.aspx?EntryId=114

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat