Join now - be part of our community!

Cant install vaio event service to my sony Vaio vpcec2s0e

profile.country.en_GB.title
momartin1
Visitor

Cant install vaio event service to my sony Vaio vpcec2s0e

I have recently bought a new ssd for my laptop, and now i have to re install all drivers to get my fn keys to work.

Every time i try to install vaio event service i get the error:

This machine have not been installed Vaio Event Service.

Can not update Vaio Event Service.

If you could give me some ideas on how to install it would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
momartin1
Visitor

bump

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It sounds like you are trying to install an 'Update' rather than a first install.

Which version of Vaio Event Service are you trying to install?  Have you tried the one Dated 26/02/2010?

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VPCEC2S0E_WI

Have you tried installing Sony Shared Library first and all the others on that page?

What OS have you installed?  Have you changed it or are you trying to reinstall from Sony Recovery Discs?

:thinking:

momartin1
Visitor

I have tried to install the original vaio event service and it doesnt make a difference, i have tried every method.

i have also installed windwos 7 as a fresh install because of i upgraded from a hdd to ssd

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

That is odd.

Do all the other drivers and utilities install OK?  What uninstalled drivers are showing in Device Manager?  Have you installed SFEP Driver?

I thought you would have made Recovery Discs before you removed the old drive and used these to reinstate the original software on the new drive.

:thinking:

momartin1
Visitor

the only driver left in the device manager is SFEP

and i couldnt just back up the drivers from my old hdd thats why i didnt do it

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Here are the instructions for installing SFEP,  Download it from the link in my post above: -

First check in device manager under 'Human Interface Devices' for the Sony Firmware Extension Parser driver. If its already there then it is already installed and you can carry on installing the others utilities in order.

1. If it is not there open device manager and check for devices that Windows 7 did not automatically install. Look for one either called 'Unknown Device' or something like 'Intel LPC Device' with a yellow exclamation mark next to it.
2. If you find this then right click the device and choose 'Properties' and then find the 'Details' tab.
3. In the drop down box one of the items will be Hardware ID.
4. Choose this option and make sure that the hardware ID is SNY5001. Only if this ID matches you can now click the 'Drivers' tab and click to 'Install Driver' as normal.
5. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
6. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
7. Select Have Disk....
8. Select Browse....
9. Browse to your back-up driver .inf file. (\\SFEP\SFEP.INF)
10. Next ..........
11. If you get a warning screen, select "Install Anyway".
12. Close & Re-Boot
13. If it works, pour yourself a big drink!

momartin1
Visitor

I already had SFEP installed, i reinstalled the SFEP driver incase it was that, but it still has made no difference, vaio event service still has the same error