Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO VGN-SR29VN Vista Business Installation Discs

profile.country.GB.title
ianmarr79
Explorer

VAIO VGN-SR29VN Vista Business Installation Discs

Is it possible to obtain Windows Vista Business edition installation discs from Sony or from an alternative source?

I have a VAIO laptop VGN-SR29VN running Windows Vista Business edition. The laptop was purchased new from the Sony Centre located at Lakeside, Essex, approximately two years ago, but was not supplied with Windows installation discs.

The computer has kept up to date with Microsoft Vista updates with the exception of Service Pack 2.

Each time I have tried to load this service pack the computer hangs during the automatic restart part of the installation process. I have had tremendous support from Microsoft, who have offered various solutions to the SP2 installation problem. However each of these solutions have resulted in the same failure during restart.

On advice from Microsoft today I have run an 'sfc/scannow' command at the command prompt; this identified that a number of operating system files are corrupt and cannot be automatically fixed. Microsoft have analysed the scan fault log and identified that a repair needs to be carried out using Vista Business installation discs (ie NOT the recovery discs generated by the laptop computer).

Does anybody know if it is possible to obtain these installation discs either from Sony or elsewhere?

Tags (2)
0 REPLIES 0