Join now - be part of our community!

DVD Driver corrupted - SVE1512B1EW

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Divadawn
Visitor

DVD Driver corrupted - SVE1512B1EW

I have a laptop and the cd's wont operate, is fully operational but the driver says that it is corrupt, I have tried to restore to an earlier point when i know it was running fine, but with no joy, i have uninstalled the corruted driver, and restarted as was told that a replacement would be generated automatically, but a corrupted driver reappears.

Does anyone know if any solution to this problem, I am not very IT capable so full idiot instructions would be helpful.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Divadawn.

A small change to your Vaio's Registry will probably cure your problem and get your drive working again. I recommend that you set a System Restore Point before you start.

Then:

1.Press the 'Windows' key and press R. In the Run box type: REGEDIT , and hit enter.

2. Navigate to –

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

click on this and locate UpperFilters in the right-hand window, (if it exists) right click on UpperFilters and select Delete and then OK.

3. Under the same Registry Key locate LowerFilters, (if it exists) right click on LowerFilters and select Delete and then OK.

4. Quit Registry Editor and re-boot the computer, new registry values will be created that will hopefully cure the problem.

After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, you may possibly need to re-install your burning software if it doesn't work – but this is not usually required

Good Luck!

:thinking:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Divadawn and welcome.

Please look in Device Manager -> DVD/CD-ROM Drives and check for the Error Code.

There is usually a fairly simple fix to most error codes - just let us know the Code for your drive.

Divadawn
Visitor

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

This is the message that shows on the DVD driver......can you help ?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Divadawn.

A small change to your Vaio's Registry will probably cure your problem and get your drive working again. I recommend that you set a System Restore Point before you start.

Then:

1.Press the 'Windows' key and press R. In the Run box type: REGEDIT , and hit enter.

2. Navigate to –

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

click on this and locate UpperFilters in the right-hand window, (if it exists) right click on UpperFilters and select Delete and then OK.

3. Under the same Registry Key locate LowerFilters, (if it exists) right click on LowerFilters and select Delete and then OK.

4. Quit Registry Editor and re-boot the computer, new registry values will be created that will hopefully cure the problem.

After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, you may possibly need to re-install your burning software if it doesn't work – but this is not usually required

Good Luck!

Divadawn
Visitor

Thanks for this, it has worked :slight_smile: