Join now - be part of our community!

Full PC format

profile.country.nl_GB.title
dragonballmaster26
Visitor

Full PC format

Hello,

I want to format my Sony Vaio (FW51J/F).

I bought it 2 years ago and Windows 7 Home Premium came with it.

Last year I bought an upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Ultimate.

What I want to do is format it and empty the hard drive (Start from scratch), no recovery just a full format to get it working fast again.

My question:

Where can I get the Windows 7 Home premium 64-bits DVD to install it on the Vaio when I format it? Only after having Home Premium I can get back to Windows 7 Ultimate because it is an upgrade that I bought not the ful package? Microsoft told me I had to contact my PC manufacturer but Sony is asking me for my Vaio's serial number, which has just expired... So I cannot get in touch with them directly.

Please help

Message was edited by: dragonballmaster26

Message was edited by: dragonballmaster26

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi dragonballmaster26,

I'm not sure that I fully understand your question, but as you already have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit  OS you have the option to choose a custom install, rather than an in-place upgrade, using the upgrade version of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit that you have purchased. The Cusom option will not retain any programs, files or settings - thus a 'clean' install.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
firionicable
Visitor

You should have your own OS installer like if you want to use Windows 7 Home Premium, you should have a copy of that OS in a disc for you to use it for reformatting. Same with Windows 7 Ultimate. If you don't have one that comes with your Vaio when you bought it, then you can't do anything about it.