Join now - be part of our community!

Internet Connection Dropouts

Boris71
Visitor

Internet Connection Dropouts

Hi, hoping someone here can help.

I have an FS 415B and connect to the internet using a Netgear DG834G v.2

All has been Ok for sometime now, but recently, whenever the laptop is left in hibernate mode, it loses the internet connection.
This can be resolved by re-booting the laptop (and sometimes the router), but is becoming quite a pain.
Once the connection has been lost, I have run a diagnostic with the following result:

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

warn FTP (Passive): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved warn FTP (Active): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.hotmail.com: The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.passport.net: The server name or address could not be resolved error Could not make an HTTP connection.
error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
error Could not make an FTP connection.

DNS failure

info Query [www.microsoft.com] against DNS Server 192.168.0.1, (Type = 0x1, Options = 0x10e8) returns 0x232d action Automated repair: Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address...
action Successfully released the current IP address action Renewing the IP address...
action Successfully renewed the current IP address info Query [www.microsoft.com] against DNS Server 192.168.0.1, (Type = 0x1, Options = 0x10e8) returns 0x232d info Redirecting user to support call

None of the above means anything to me - I've tried 'Googling' it, but to no avail.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
pamcdowell
Visitor

Just wondering if you ever resolved this problem as I am having same problem?

profile.country.en_GB.title
firionicable
Visitor

Hi.

Same here. I would like to know if you have fixed it already. Please help.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

firionicable wrote:

Hi.

Same here. I would like to know if you have fixed it already. Please help.

I think this is unlikely as this post was written FOUR years ago and Boris has not logged in for years!

:smileymischief: