Join now - be part of our community!

laptop makes rattling nose followed by a beep. should I get this seen to?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mufc_fan1989
Explorer

laptop makes rattling nose followed by a beep. should I get this seen to?

Hey guys,

I bought a sony vaio VPCEH1J1E laptop back in august 2011, Everything was fine with until about 6/7 months ago, where my laptop would mak a rattling noise, followed by one, short, beep. This is not affect the usage of my laptop however, it is now becoming more frequent, there would be periods where it would make those noises once or twice a minute. Is there something internally wrong with laptop or is this normal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi carolinenadamba,

The sound you are hearing is certainly not normal. The only mechanical parts I can think of that would cause this are the optical or hard drive (assuming that you don’t have an SSD).

If you have not already done so I would err on the side of caution and backup any personal files you need just in case you suffer a sudden failure of the hard drive.

As the notebook is now presumably out of warranty you may want to consult an independent repairer as to the cause of the noise.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi carolinenadamba,

The sound you are hearing is certainly not normal. The only mechanical parts I can think of that would cause this are the optical or hard drive (assuming that you don’t have an SSD).

If you have not already done so I would err on the side of caution and backup any personal files you need just in case you suffer a sudden failure of the hard drive.

As the notebook is now presumably out of warranty you may want to consult an independent repairer as to the cause of the noise.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat