Join now - be part of our community!

Need a replacement CPU fan for VGC-JS1E, help

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
hcabs99
Visitor

Need a replacement CPU fan for VGC-JS1E, help

Hi

The CPU Fan has stopped working on my VAIO VGC-JS1E desktop, and despite trawling the web i have been unable to find a replacement

The model number i need is

UDQF2RH53DFO

I really dont want to spend £50 / £60 quid (at least) on having this repaired by a shop when the fix is actually quite simple. I just cant get hold of the part

Any ideas / hints?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi hcabs99,

I guess Sony support suggest that repairs are undertaken by Sony authorised repair partners  because not everyone is capable of doing the repair & therefore  could cause further damage. Furthermore I guess if Sony do sell you the  part directly it could cause liability problems..

Anyway  I have escalated this to one of our contacts & hopefully someone  should be in contact to discuss this further with you..

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi hcabs99,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

You could try either Sony Vaio support to see if they could supply with the part.

Click the following link to find contact details Contact Sony support

hcabs99
Visitor

sadly no good, they were no help at all, apart from telling me to go to an authorised Sony repair centre as they couldnt send me this directly .

, i've already spoken to them and they told me that they dont have the part in stock and would have to order this in....hmm, i wonder where they will order this from,...Ah yes SONY

It really riles me to have to pay for them to fit this, plus the mark up on the part etc

Does anyone have any thoughts?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi hcabs99,

I guess Sony support suggest that repairs are undertaken by Sony authorised repair partners  because not everyone is capable of doing the repair & therefore  could cause further damage. Furthermore I guess if Sony do sell you the  part directly it could cause liability problems..

Anyway  I have escalated this to one of our contacts & hopefully someone  should be in contact to discuss this further with you..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Anyway  I have escalated this to one of our contacts & hopefully  someone  should be in contact to discuss this further with you..

I've been informed that Sony support have tried to contact you on numerous occasion by email, landline & mobile phone but have been able to speak to you..

Should you wish any further help please kindly contact Sony support..

micorco15
Visitor

Hi all,

My all-in-one desk top vaio VGC JS2E is over heatting badly after only 30 min of watching  music on your tube or after 00:30 to 01:00 facebook surfing. Why is that does anybody know?????

The fans are working in perfect condition and also I have cleaned it as well....I do not store large files or open masive programs etc just day to day use a max of 04:00 hours and when overheatting it switches it self off..

Please help me out as my budget would not allow me a brand new one!!!

Thanking you all in advance for your help!

kind Regards

MC

peshyxp
Visitor

eBay eBay eBay mate. Im sure you will be able to source the part from there and fixing it shouldnt be too difficult

Google it and check Youtube for video instructions and also someone here is bound to know

Dont waste your time money sending it to authorised Sony repairers since they charge over the top for things that are relatively straightforward to fix yourself

Good luck and keep us posted on how you get on