Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio Laptop Repair in the UK?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Martinrub
Explorer

Sony Vaio Laptop Repair in the UK?

Can anyone recommend a competent, trustworthy place in the UK to send my 10-year-old Sony Vaio laptop to for repair?

There is a fault on the motherboard, and, so far, I have approached 4 places without success.

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
BoodjerPisdjer
Explorer

I’m happy your problem is solved but I guess there can be other users who need some tips. So I decided to share my experience. Long story short, I got my hot coffee spilled on the keyboard on my laptop. This was my only laptop and I was using it for work. I had one important deadline it two days and was just astonished. I run to the laptop repair near me and told about my problem. The story has happy ending: they did it as quick as possible and I wasn’t late for that deadline. Hope it was helpful for you, guys

profile.country.GB.title
brijones36
Explorer

I suspect that you have sugar in your coffee??

I spilled tea (no sugar) over my Vaio around 8 mths after getting it whilst in use.  I turned the lapton onto its side in order to drain the liquid, removed the power lead and battery, then the memory and DVD drive and left it to drain/dry out for the rest of the day.

Turned it on the following day and everything worked fine (and still does 13 years later) apart from a sticky 'K' key.  A short time later, the key was properly working again.

I was lucky.  My tea didn't have sugar in it and my laptop survived.  Spilling a sugared drink - be it tea/coffee or coke/lemonade etc then it is usually curtains (the sugared drinks are more conductive I suspect).

Fwiw, my opinion of Sony UK support isn't all that high.  The laptop was supplied with a group of dead pixels - black (5 iirc) in the lower right hand corner.  It went to Sony twice and both times came back with "There's noting wrong, that is acceptible".

Art

profile.country.GB.title
houaria
Explorer

Forget about it! It's better to get another laptop. Dell has managed to increase the battery life of the XPS 15 by installing a large 97-watt battery.

profile.country.GB.title
houaria
Explorer

This is one of the best batteries I've seen on a 15-inch laptop. For comparison, the Razer Blade is equipped with an 80 W/h battery, and the Surface Book 2 is 90 W/h. When playing a looped video, the laptop worked for just over 14.5 hours. In general, with standard laptop use, the battery charge is enough for the whole day. Use for this https://productz.com/en/dell-xps-15-9570/p/5LeRl .