Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VPCEB4E4E/pcg71311m laptop

Mallory99
New

Sony Vaio VPCEB4E4E/pcg71311m laptop

Help! the guy who maintains my laptop has turned off the internal keyboard and moused. I've tried to restore them the the control panel etc without success. it seems he turned them off by other means. can anyone suggest how i might restore them?   laptop

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Mallory99,

Given that both you and @jamdown2010  have both lost keyboard and mouse functionality on the same model series I would suspect that a recent update has caused a problem. If it is possible to access Devices Manager then check whether either device has been disabled.

Otherwise try pressing and holding F8 at boot, and in the hope that either keyboard or mouse works, select ‘Repair Your Computer’. On the next window select keyboard and then your username and enter password. On the next window select System Restore to recover to a date that you know that the keyboard and mouse were working.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
BobK32
New

Hi, 

Have you tried a Clean Install of the IOS, this might replace the missing files causing the keyboard and the

mouse pad to not function.

Also, Mouse Pad only 

The ribbon connector from the mouse pad is quite sensitive and if it has been disturbed it may not have been

lined up properly before the retaining clip was closed. This would fit your symptoms  

The Keyboard also has a ribbon Connection. Worth checking these connections