Join now - be part of our community!

Splashtop parental control

SOLVED
profile.country.it_IT.title
denis120668
Visitor

Splashtop parental control

Hi everybody; I just have bought a Sony Vaio VPCEL and everything seems good. Particulary I find Splashtop very useful. The problem is that I'm looking for a way install a parental control. How can I do ?

Thanks.

Denis, Italy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I am sure we have been asked this before.

The only sure way if the computer is for a child, is to uninstall Splashtop in Programs & Features.  However, Splashtop cannot access your Windows files or download to them.

Alternatively, you could rename the two files SPLASH.sys and SPLASH.000 on your Vaio.  This will stop the Splashtop loading.  This would be useful if you want to use this feature again in the future.

I have not tried it, but there are some Cloud based web filtering programs available.  I think the Splashtop browser is a Linux based cut down version of Chrome - in which case this free Add-On from Google may well install and work for you: -

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hbepadcdhpahlikldbochnhfleejiokp?hc=search&hcp=main

Let us know if it works as others will almost certainly be interested.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I am sure we have been asked this before.

The only sure way if the computer is for a child, is to uninstall Splashtop in Programs & Features.  However, Splashtop cannot access your Windows files or download to them.

Alternatively, you could rename the two files SPLASH.sys and SPLASH.000 on your Vaio.  This will stop the Splashtop loading.  This would be useful if you want to use this feature again in the future.

I have not tried it, but there are some Cloud based web filtering programs available.  I think the Splashtop browser is a Linux based cut down version of Chrome - in which case this free Add-On from Google may well install and work for you: -

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hbepadcdhpahlikldbochnhfleejiokp?hc=search&hcp=main

Let us know if it works as others will almost certainly be interested.

:thinking: