Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio care does not have option to create recovery disk

profile.country.en_GB.title
srinaray
Visitor

Vaio care does not have option to create recovery disk

I recently bought a SONY VAIO model SVE1513C5E and i was trying to create recovery disk using VAIO Care. Unfortunately, the 'Create Recovery Disk' option is missing under 'Advanced Tools' Section. Can someone suggest what to do?

I also tried a factory reset but no luck. i also updated vaio care to its latest version but still no luck. My vaio care version is 8.2.0.15030

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi srinaray,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

As far as I am aware you should just press the Assist button, select Advance Tools followed by Restore & Recovery.

Then you should see Create Recovery Media.?

If the Restore & Recovery option is not there could you please post an image of the options you do have.?

If you are not sure how to save & post an image then hopefully the following will help - Use the snipping tool located in Start, system tools to grab a screen shot, then save to your desktop.

Then when replying in this thread click on the small camera icon on the tool bar.

Click on the Browse button & select the file you just saved.

Click Open then Insert image..

profile.country.en_GB.title
srinaray
Visitor

Hi Thalamus

Thank you for your response. Please find the options i see under "Restore & Recovery" section. There is no 'Create Recovery Media' option.

VC.JPG

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

removed serial number from image

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hmmm not how it discribes it in the guide..

To create Recovery Media

1. Connect your VAIO computer to the Internet and download and install the latest updates using VAIO Update.

2. Press the ASSIST button while your VAIO computer is on to start VAIO Care.

3. Select Advanced Tools, Restore and recovery, and Create Recovery Media.

4. Read the on-screen instructions carefully, and then select Next.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

I have forwarded this onto one of our contacts within Sony but it may be quicker if you try contact Sony support using the following link - http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts

Select Vaio & Computing

Enter your Vaio's serial number

and choose one of the three options, Email & Chat are the cheaper options..:smileywink: