Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update (OS Upgrade Mode)

profile.country.GB.title
funky1
Explorer

Vaio Update (OS Upgrade Mode)

Hi all,

I have upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on my Vaio model SVF1521Q1EW recently following Steps 1-4 in 'Window 10 Upgrade Instructions for Sony Vaio PCs' guide by Sony.

When I try to follow Step 5- Install drivers, applications and utilities on your PC after installing Windows 10, Vaio Update (OS Upgrade Mode) opens like this:

funky1_1-1673720047802.png

Under Important Info, I receive the above message 'Could not acquire the information'. And Internet Explorer opens one window and I receive 'HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found'  error message which is shown here:

funky1_0-1673720015359.png

Any advice hints/tips on this to resolve would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

BW

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey funky1, have you checked that your VAIO has the latest version of VAIO update installed?

Normally, you can check what version of VAIO update is currently installed by right-clicking on the VAIO update icon & clicking on Version.

You can download the latest version from your VAIO model's support site just enter your VAIO model number into the following link Vaio support site then click on the Downloads tab.

profile.country.GB.title
funky1
Explorer

Thanks HannahEd01 for getting back and the info. It is the latest version, 7.4.1.09270 as shown in the screentshot here:

funky1_0-1674162596134.png

I think it is soemthing to do how Vaio update connects with Sony Server, i.e. FTTP or similar and not sure as I am not good with these.  Any advice would be great.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
funky1
Explorer

Yes, it is the latest Vaio Update version for my model.

Any suggestion to overcome/resolve the issue would be brilliant.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi funky1, I can't find anything else, just a quick question before sending it to the Sony engineers, was that update available for your computer to begin with? Either ways, I think sending it to the service centre is the next move.

profile.country.GB.title
funky1
Explorer

Hi HannahEd01,

Yes, the update was available for my computer that I used and therefore I am more concerned.  Besides this, I never had any issue with it.

You are correct, if we cannot find it then then sending to the service centre could be the next move but my concern would be of the cost as you may know that the machine is now out of warranty.

BW