Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth - Phone calls not going through to car speakers

profile.country.FR.title
teledam
Explorer

Bluetooth - Phone calls not going through to car speakers

I have a 2018 Peugeot 5008 with a multimedia system NAC Wave 2 that is up to date (21.08.87.32_NAC-r1). I used to use it with my Samsung S10e, with or without Android Auto, and everything was working fine. 

Recently I purchased a Sony Xperia 5 iv (XQ-CQ54) that is also up to date (61.1.A.0.941).

The phone connects to the car via Bluetooth without any apparent issue and there is no problem playing media over the car speakers, with or without Android Auto. But when it comes to calls, most of the time I observe the following problematic behavior:
I can initiate a call with the car, but then its phone menu will immediately close as if the call had ended and there will be no sound. But the call will actually continue on the phone and its phone app will state that the call is going through the car’s BT connection...
When I receive a call while using Android Auto, I will get notified and I will be able to pick up but then there will be no sound. If I receive a call while not using Android Auto, I won’t even get notified.

The issue seems to be fixed after I reboot the car system or after I toggle the phone’s Bluetooth off and on again. But it always comes back later.

I tried all the possible troubleshooting steps that I could think of (Bluetooth un-pair and re-pair, car system factory reset, Bluetooth and Android Auto apps storage and cache deletion,...) but the problem persists. Any help to fix it permanently would be immensely appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Try to test the phone in safe mode and check if the same thing will happen or not?