Dołącz teraz - stań się częścią naszej społeczności!

Xperia 5 reboots at 10 am every day

profile.country.GB.title
arnieboy
Poszukiwacz

Xperia 5 reboots at 10 am every day

Hi

My phone works fine but every day it reboots at 10 am. Any ideas how I can tell what is causing the reboot? Do I go into safe mode just before 10 am to see if it still happens for example?

Thanks

18 ODPOW. 18
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@arnieboy 

You should do that, boot on safe mode overnight or in the morning, it will help narrow down the issue. 

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Agreed, check safe mode.

Sounds awfully specific to be a fault. Wondering if some app or something is causing a timed reboot

profile.country.GB.title
arnieboy
Poszukiwacz

Hi, safe mode makes no difference. Is there an event log which shows what caused the reboot please?

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Open the Support app, tap on device overview.

Maybe theres something there.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey arnieboy, if you tried all the steps and your phone is up-to-date, try this: https://bit.ly/3c28WUx

If it's still doing the same, let us know please. 

profile.country.GB.title
arnieboy
Poszukiwacz

Hi

I tried this and it's made my phone worse. It still reboots at 10 am every day but now also deletes any photos and videos on the internal disk from the day before automatically. It's still on Android 9 as well.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

You did the software repair?

Did you reinstall your former apps from the backup as well?

If you did so you're apt for trouble because restoring the backup is restoring troublesome software. (in case you had something incompatible installed)

To be shure do the software repair again and do not restore the backup to begin with.

See what happens then.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Yes, i agree with @Strampke , try to test the phone after the software repair and before restoring your apps again and check if the same thing will happen 

Also, if you have SD card inside the phone try to test the  phone without it, if the SD card is damaged it could affect the device negatively as well.

profile.country.GB.title
arnieboy
Poszukiwacz

Thanks for the suggestions. I have rebuilt the phone and stopped any apps reinstalling. I will check tomorrow for a reboot.