Dołącz teraz - stań się częścią naszej społeczności!

Xperia 5 III, no pairing with (Huawei) Honor Band 6 after Android 13 update

ROZWIĄZANE
profile.country.GR.title
thdervenis
Nowicjusz

Xperia 5 III, no pairing with (Huawei) Honor Band 6 after Android 13 update

After updating to Android 13 (firmware 61.2.A.0.381),  my phone can no longer pair to my Honor Band 6.

I contacted Sony support and I received a canned email saying I had to use the Xperia Companion app to do a restoration. Although sceptical that this would work, I did so to no avail (the restore process factory resetted the phone)

I also contacted Huawei, has anyone troubleshooted anything similar with Android 13 and Huawei accessories?

1 ZAAKCEPTOWANE ROZWIĄZANIE

Zaakceptowane rozwiązania
profile.country.GR.title
thdervenis
Nowicjusz

The issue was resolved by installing the latest firmware update for Honor Band 6.

I paired it to another phone running Android 12, I installed the latest firmware update via the Huawei Health app and then paired it to my Android 13 phone.

Resolved for me on Jan 28, 2023

Wyświetl rozwiązanie w oryginalnym poście

5 ODPOW. 5
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

hello @thdervenis 

was there any error that showed up when you try to connect the device? have you tried to reset the band instead?

profile.country.IT.title
MatteoAlzetta
Użytkownik

Hi, 

I have the same problem with Xperia 10 III. Any news on this?

Thanks in advance

profile.country.GB.title
SkyNet404
Specjalista

Have you tested any other BT devices with the phones? Or does it only affect that specific smartwatch? Or only Huawei devices? Would be interesting to check that. 

profile.country.IT.title
MatteoAlzetta
Użytkownik

Solved in this way (mixing info from other posts on the web):

1. Downloaded the latest version of Huawei Health on an old phone (no Android 13).
  2. Paired the band with the old phone and installed all the firmware available for the band (in my case the most updated is 10.3.1.20).
  3. Downloaded on my Xperia 10 III the App Gallery by Huawei.
  4. Installed the latest version of Huawei Health from the App Gallery (required to allow notification on the band).
  5. Paired the band using Huawai Health.

Hope you can solve the issue in the same way.

profile.country.GR.title
thdervenis
Nowicjusz

The issue was resolved by installing the latest firmware update for Honor Band 6.

I paired it to another phone running Android 12, I installed the latest firmware update via the Huawei Health app and then paired it to my Android 13 phone.

Resolved for me on Jan 28, 2023