Join now - be part of our community!

A390 Star Trail Photos

profile.country.en_GB.title
idp4848
Visitor

A390 Star Trail Photos

Hi I have a Sony DSLR A390 camera and want to take startrail photos and time laspe photos, but am having trouble working out how to remote the shutter as the a390 will not work with a cable operated shutter release it has a ir release but the sony one only take 1 photo at once and from what i have read i need to take about 60 photos with approx 30 second exposer. I have read about someting that works through your phone  and ther is also something that works through the flash but has any one don it and can tell me

Regards

Ian

7 REPLIES 7
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Ian - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I am going to discuss this with a friend of mine who is more knowledgeable than me in this area. I will let you know when I hear back - I have a hunch that the flash based option would be suitable but I need to gather some more information about how this would specifically apply to the A390.

Thanks,

Simon

idp4848
Visitor

Hi simon

Thanks look forward to hearing from you

Ian

idp4848
Visitor

Hi simon

Thanks look forward to hearing from you

Ian

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

I have spoken to my friend about this and contrary to what I said before, he is not sure about how it would work using the flash. As far as he is concerned, the best option would be to use an interval timer that is mounted on the hotshoe of the camera. He provided me with the following article about using these controllers with Sony DSLR cameras and hopefully this should help you get set up in a way that will allow you to press the shutter release remotely on more than one occasion:

http://kurtmunger.com/wirelessshuttersid282.html

Thanks,

Simon

idp4848
Visitor

Hi Simon

Thank you for your time it is the way i was thinking i would have to go but its nice to get a second opinion

I will have a look at the link and get one ordered, and give it a go, Then all i will want is some good weather lol.

Thanks

Ian:smileyhappy:

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update. If you do get the required weather, why not upload some of the shots here so we can take a look?

Simon

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

The A390 does not feature a socket for a cable remote release, which is a pitty because therefore you can not use all this kind of 3rdparty timer/intervalometer remotes.

The A390 only supports the infrared remote (Sony RMT-DSLR1 type). However I have found one 3rd party wireless product which features interval function: Take a look at

www.tempus.bymac.org

Best Regards

Michael