Join now - be part of our community!

Flash unit will not work

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mpring
Visitor

Flash unit will not work

I have just bought a nex-5. It seems to work fine until I connect the flash unit.

When the flash unit is down the camera continues to work. But, when the flash is raised the recharging circle next to the bolt flashes and I cannot take a picture.

As a newbie I don't know if I have done something wrong - or if I have a faulty flash and/or connector.

Can anyone give me a clue? Thank you.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Quite odd  from what you mentioned, that seems like the flash is disabled but it should not stop you taking a photo.  lift the flash then press right on the circular dial and try a different flash mode to see what happens.

If you are unable to take a photo at all with the flash raised, i would try reseting the NEX and try again. Never actually used my flash since they were launched so never come across this before

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Quite odd  from what you mentioned, that seems like the flash is disabled but it should not stop you taking a photo.  lift the flash then press right on the circular dial and try a different flash mode to see what happens.

If you are unable to take a photo at all with the flash raised, i would try reseting the NEX and try again. Never actually used my flash since they were launched so never come across this before

vavavoon
Visitor

Hi there

I recently purchased an NEX-3 and am experiencing exactly the same flash problem you describe.

I was wondering if you'd managed to find a fix for the issue?

Thanks