Join now - be part of our community!

Nex-7 firmware update

profile.country.en_GB.title
fudini
Visitor

Nex-7 firmware update

This one is simple. When will the nex-7 firmware update be released?

Tags (2)
19 REPLIES 19
Mick2011
New

Hi fudini, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I'm afraid that's anyone's guess! The first we will know about it is when it appears on the NEX-7 updates page: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/NEX-7/updates

Cheers

Mick

scon4061
Visitor

The silence is deafening. It would be nice if Sony would just acknowledge that they are working on it or not. I just hope that the NEX-7 update is not the NEX-6!

profile.country.de_DE.title
Il_Grande_Inquisitore
Visitor

Yes,

I totally agree

The silence is deafening.

It would be nice if Sony would just acknowledge that they are working on it or not. I

A good friend of mine is used to say

"The head that does not speak is a pumpkin"

Giovanni

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Personal details removed

Gedankencoax
Visitor

Hiya

Would love to know when the Nex7 first much overdue update is available.

Apparently the Nex 7 is the so called "Flag Ship" of the Nexus Range but there are several unresolved issues that so many Nex7 uses have openly complained about within various other forums.

It appears that Sony may keep bringing out new models without addressing and correcting the known issues of their existing models.

For me the main issue is the inability to switch off the video button as a permanent measure. I would have thought that this would have been a facility in the first version as it is so obvious. Most other manufacturers use a recessed button but firmware would be just as effective.

The other issue for me is the customisation of the buttons B and C within the menu system.

Why is it not possible to have the five choosable custom items options on both buttons

In other words why is it not possible to interchange the buttons ie button B becomes C and C becomes B

Also why is it not possible to fine tune the focus on stock Sony Nex lenses within the menu system. I have found that the auto focus is out by a small noticible degree and needs correction via the manual focus ring.  It is possible to fine tune other AF Sony lenses using the LA2 adapter.

Cheers for listening :slight_smile:

John

scon4061
Visitor

There might be a firmware update needed for the new lenses that are due out shortly. Maybe they will issue one big update to solve existing problems as well.

If nothing is forthcoming, I'm not going to invest in any of the new glass. I just wish Sony would not keep us in the dark.

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

I can only echo what Mick2011 has said above and that is that if there is updated firmware, the best place to find it will be the official page at http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/NEX-7/updates. Having said this, people who work in product development at Sony do read these message boards so any comments you make should always been seen by 'the right people'.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have a look here for Firmware Updates: -

http://blog.sony.com/alphafirmwareupdates

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The new firmware updates are also available from the links given above by Mick and Simon.

Yippee!

scon4061
Visitor

Good to hear that Sony has finally released a firmware update. I'm especially pleased to hear about the bracketing improvement.

Currently you can't auto bracket and use the self timer or remote at the same time.

As I'm at work and not had chance to update yet, does anyone know if this has changed.

Regards

Steve.

Message was edited by: scon4061

Message was edited by: scon4061