Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with LA-EA1 adapter

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonschau
New

Problem with LA-EA1 adapter

Hello All. When using the LA_EA1 adapter on my Nex 7 it sounds as if the shutter is dragging with any aperture other than wide open even when using a high shutter speed.Is this correct or is the adapter faulty.

Message was edited by: tonschau

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

I have checked out some other user reviews of this lens adapter and there are various people who say that there is some sort of noise depending on the aperture that has been selected. I wouldn't be overly worried for now but it would be something to look into further if the noise suddenly changed in the future i.e. this may indicate that a part has deteriorated due to continued contact.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello tonschau - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

So that I can look into this further for you, could you tell me if the noise is always the same or if there is a small difference from time to time. This may sound like an odd question to ask but it will help me determine if this is something that is occurring normally or whether there is some kind of fault.

Thanks,

Simon

tonschau
New

Hi Simon Thank you for your interest.Its not a noise as such, more like a long shutter speed has been selected even though it could be as high as 1000th Happens at all apertures other than wide open.Could it be to do with the aperture blades.I have a few A mount lenses and its the same with all of them.

Thanks Tony

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

I have checked out some other user reviews of this lens adapter and there are various people who say that there is some sort of noise depending on the aperture that has been selected. I wouldn't be overly worried for now but it would be something to look into further if the noise suddenly changed in the future i.e. this may indicate that a part has deteriorated due to continued contact.

Thanks,

Simon

tonschau
New

Thanks again Simon Will keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

Hello

I have checked the "noise" when using the LA-EA1 with different lenses and with different shutter speeds.

In fact the sound differs a little bit depending on the lens but of course the source is the same (the aperture lever closing the aperture and after image has been taken aperture opens up again quite rapidly).

What is also true is that the duration of this sequence does not get shorter that some value. so if you use 1/4000s or 1/200, the duration of this mechanical sequence will not change (the shutter speed determines the duration of the shutter opening, of course).

So after all: there seems to be nothing wrong with your camera and the adapter.

Best Regards

Michael