Join now - be part of our community!

Sony NEX-3N - Questions/Complaints !!!

Teppopucm
New

Sony NEX-3N - Questions/Complaints !!!

Dear Support,

I am professional photographer for long time, using mainly Canon EOS professional cameras. I have bought Sony NEX-3N digital camera for easy travel and everyday use because of compact design, large sensor and tiltable LCD display. I found Sony cameras are the best choice among all other mirrorless cameras.

But, I was very disappointed with the camera controls - they are too sensitive. Every time I take or carry the camera, I accidentally turn some control wheels or levers.

It's impossible to normally work with it. Every time I want to take a picture, my shot is ruined with accidentally changed parameters - zoom, exposure, picture mode and others. It is very, very, very annoying !!!

Especially this is for new point-and-shoot-style zoom lever. I tried to find settings to disable it, but with no luck. I tried to find a way to glue it up to the body, but it is located over on/off switch and it's not possible.

Please, please, please tell me how can I disable this annoying zoom lever on the camera body!!!

Another complaint is for video format. Why it is fixed to "i50" (25/50 frames/fields per second) in European version? Is it really mentioned to be camera for broadcast TV operators? Because all modern HOME equipment (monitors, TVs, other cameras) are using mainly 30/60fps. I cannot mix 60fps and 50fps sources together without loosing the quality, I cannot view it on my PC monitor - it looks terrible!!!

Please, please, please tell me how can I change frame rate of the camera? Because here in Europe I cannot officially buy "i60" version.

Thank you,

0 REPLIES 0