Join now - be part of our community!

Issues with NEX7 panoramic fn and lense issues

SiviUK
New

Issues with NEX7 panoramic fn and lense issues

Hi,

If anyone has their NEX 7 set up with the SEL18200LE lenses permanently as I do, have you had any of the following problems:

1. The panoramic functions not always working - sometimes it stops working - the camera says slow down the panning - and it keeps saying that even when I try not to pan!

2. Lenses not recognised or attached messages (I can't remember the exact wording!) but sometimes in the middle of using it, it suddenly stops recognising the lenses - I end up having to go into the camera to reset the camera to the factory settings - not good when I then have to re-customise the darn thing again.

I've just run the update for NEX V102 in the hopes that this may solve the issue, but as I have to use the camera for a wedding on Friday, I wanted to see if anyone else had had the problems that I'd encountered, and if they had any solutions that they could suggest, before I end up having to contact Sony.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hmmm the first sounds a little weird but I know when using it, it does depend on the environment. Especially when im trying to capture a scene with plenty of external motion. Try turning SteadyShot off and see if that makes a difference.

As for the second issue, I would recommend cleaning all the copper contracts between the lens and the camera. I know on instances where there has been some dirt buildup and required me to either reset or take the lens off and put it back on. Maybe the firmware helps. EIther way, post up your results and maybe some photos from the wedding. :slight_smile: