Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

SOLVED
palmeri8145
Explorer

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

Hi all - thanks for all the informative information I have found on this community site.

I have recently purchased the above tv and I am using it with a (UK) BT Ultra HD package. The output of the box is 2160p50 and I have set it to 10 bit colour.

Generally speaking I am very happy with the telly but I am experiencing a bug which sounds similar to the "Screen Format: Full" issue reported on another thread.

After a period of watching TV (normally longer extended periods of say 2 hours), the picture starts to judder and the "Screen Format: Full" message flicks on and off. The only way to recover this is to switch the telly off and on again which seems to allow the telly to "resync". This problem happens *every* day when watching TV at least once.

It is not a problem with the BT box as when I switch that on and off the picture problem does not clear.

I have tried different 4K related settings on the telly / BT box but the problem still occurs. Has anyone else noticed this with the TV ?

Thanks,

Ian

279 REPLIES 279
chrgray

A question for Sony.  I know this update was meant to fix juddering on a wide range of 2015 models, but was it really meant to fix it on all models?  For example, the TV I had, a KD-65X8509C, is listed as getting this firmware fix, but was never spec'ed on Sony's site as being compatible with 2160p50.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-specs/KD-65X8509C/list

Did Sony really expect that this firmware fix would work on models that don't actually support 2160p50?

frankie1g

What is 8509c spec to be then it's a 4k tv.and it judders on sky q
chrgray

@frankie1g, spec on Sony UK's website says it only handles:

3840 x 2160/24p
3840 x 2160/25p
3840 x 2160/30p

So, not 50hz that Sky Q uses.

profile.country.GB.title
zAndy1uk
Explorer

Surely if it wasn't compatible with 2160p 50hz you simply wouldn't get a picture 

frankie1g

Yes my thinking as well. the Sony site has been shown to be wrong before.and maybe firmware updates has now made the tv show the relevant resolution.
SpireiteJim78
Explorer

After waiting patiently for Sony to fix the judder issue with UHD set top boxes they finally release the firmware on the very last day of the month they promised the fix would come but suprise suprise it fixed nothing. This must be incredibly embarassing for Sony not only the issue itself but also the promise of a fix which came at the very end of the month and didnt work. Whats next do we start returning these TV's obviously they cannot sort the problem which is over a year old since BT started broadcasting in UHD. Dont get me wrong I love the TV be we shouldnt have to live with this problem especially as these Tvs are not cheap. Whats next Sony your move.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi SpireiteJim78

Ive merged your post into this main thread - please refrain from creating a new thread when there clearly is a 'Master thread' of this issue.

Thank you

shozzer1
Explorer

Hi. I am new to this forum but not this thread as i have had the juddering problem too.

The download did not sort my tv either, sky q silver.

I had previously switched the hdmi for the sky to enhanced but after the update didnt work i have switched back to standard and for 24hrs now, no juddering.

Maybe try it.

On tv remote press home

Scroll down to settings

Select external inputs

Scroll to select hdmi signal format

Make sure on standard.

If not, select advanced and then switch back to standard.

I will post again if i get juddering and this 'fix' hasnt worked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

profile.country.GB.title
Mp01sta
Explorer

Still having issues with my 43X8307C connected to a SKY Q Silver box. Updated ove the weekend.

Have tried a factory reset but still getting Juddering when SKYQ is set to 2160P.

Have tried Normal and Advanced on the HDMI input - doesnt seem to make any difference for me.