Abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du: 

Jetzt anmelden und Teil der Community werden!

Vorschläge und Wünsche für ein Firmware Update

KLausBLN
Mitglied

Vorschläge und Wünsche für ein Firmware Update

Ich habe diese Vorschläge einfach aus dem englischen Forum kopiert und hoffe hier auf Gehör zu treffen. Die mir am wichtigsten habe ich FETT makiert. Ich habe auf deutsch noch etwas hinzugefügt. Ich kann nicht alle der Punkte nachvollziehen aber auch Wünsche anderer sollen hier gehört werden.

ES DARF GERNE ERGÄNZT WERDEN. Auf Wunsch werden die Vorschläge auch übersetzt.

Updates Needed:

1) This optical chip can support 4k and ~2.7k video with a firmware update.  Go Pro has 4k.

Eventuell auch höhere Framerates möglich?

2) The GPS doesn't log altitude.  It can get altitude but it doesn't log it for playback.

Und warum ist das so ungenau (trotz mehreren Minuten unter freiem Himmel vor der Aufnahme)?

3) The ability to stream over USB [Recording or to use as a WebCam].  You can't eventransfer files over Wi-Fi via a PC only on the awful mobile app.  You are limited to USB on the PC.  PC Drivers could solve both of these problems.

4) Interval Photos are taken at a terrible TWO MEGAPIXEL instead of 13.5 mp which the regular photos are taken.  Why?  Its taking photos SLOWER with Interval, not quicker.

5) Go Pro's Hero line allows you to adjust settings like Spot Meter, White Balance, ISO, etc.  Not Sony.  This could easily be added with a firmware update if you bothered to support your product which now 6 months after release is still firmware 1.0; no surprise as my DSLR is six years old and still firmware 1.0 too with all the bugs it had at release unfixed.  Again, Go Pro has these options.

6) Image sharpness on the HDR-AS100V needs work, and its not the lens or the chip which are both better than the Go Pro Hero line.  Plenty of YouTube Videos show this issue vs the GoPro Hero 3+ Black.

7) Why can't I turn off wide angle?  I can force it off using image stabilization but I can't turn it off unless I use image stabilization.  There should be an option in settings, which can be added with a firmware update.  Recording is much clearer with IS OFF, but the wide angle looks terrible.

😎 Burst Photos?  Nope, not on the Sony.  Again your video chip supports it but its not included in the firmware.  Go Pro has this option and up to 10 photos in 1 second. Go Pro has this option.

9) Continuous Photos?  Nope.  Could be added via a firmware update but its another option Go Pro has over Sony.  Go Pro has this option.

10) Simultaneous Video and Photo?  Nope.  Could be added via firmware but it wont because Sony hates supporting its products.  Go Pro has this option.

11) Looping Video, another standard feature on Go Pro's Hero Line, is useful when using the camera as a dashboard recorder.  Sony has the ability to power the device via USB, even with the battery out [which is AMAZING] but falls short by not including looping video.  Without the battery in the camera does not run as hot and if powered via USB it would make a great daskboard camera if only they would add looping video so you did not have to keep stopping and deleting recordings.  Go Pro has this feature.

12) Raw format?  Nope.  Again, not something you need to update the hardware to fix you could add it to a firmware update.  Your camera shoots raw and then compresses why can't I get raw output?  Go Pro has this option.

13) Why Is GPS On/Off burred under three menus?  With GPS On the camera drains battery so quickly you would think that option would be easy to get to instead you have to go through three different menus to get to these settings.  Video Mode does NOT need to be in the main menu as that's not something people change often; why isn't that in the second menu and GPS in the first?  I bet you if you took a poll more people turn GPS On and OFF then they do change video formats on a normal use basis.

14) Auto Off is 10 Seconds, 60 Seconds and that's it, no other option.  10 Seconds?  Really?  Go Pro was not dumb about it and has a smart setup 60 seconds, 120 seconds, and 360 seconds.  Who the uses 10 seconds auto off?

15) Go Pro supports Firmware so much you can update your camera right from the mobile app.  Sony doesn't even bother updating its firmware, never mind the convenience doing it from the mobile app.  Go Pro has already updated the Hero 3+ Black several times making it better each update.  Where is Sony updating its products.  Never.  Never Update a thing.  I don't mean just one update, Go Pro updates regularly and cameras that are older too, not just new ones.

16) The GPS drains the battery really fast, as in 20 minutes sometimes less.  Why not add a Power Savings mode setting under GPS options that gives the user the choice to have the GPS poll less often to save battery?  Sure you would not have up to the second information, but hikers and climbers don't need up to the second information they need battery life.

17) Play Memories Mobile has awful connection and read times.  It takes a full 15+ seconds to connect to the HDR-AS100V using a Nexus 7 2013 [Quad Core, 2 gb Ram).  Once connected, it takes another 25+ seconds to display video.  If you want to get into the menu to transfer videos its burred in "settings" and that takes another 20-30 seconds just to display whats on the camera.  Transferring videos is lightning quick, even huge ones, so I know its NOT the camera's connection rather its the poorly written mobile app.

18) Play Memories Mobile CAN'T delete videos off this device, so if you want to delete videos you have to format the memory card deleting them all or delete them manually using a PC.

19) Play Memories Mobile CAN'T read (thus it can't copy over) XAVC S files no matter the size.  I have a large file recorded in HQ which copied just fine but a small one recorded in XAVC S was not shows in Play Memories Mobile.  XAVC S files don't even show up in the list of videos on the camera when using the mobile software.

20) Play Memories on the PC doesn't have a way to delete videos.  Basically, the only real way to delete videos off this camera is to format the card.  You can open it like a HD on a PC and go through the folders, but videos are shoved in an odd folder burred under several others, unlike photos which are in the DICM folder where they should be like on every other camera.  Why does the camera not put photos in a top level folder called VIDEO.  Why can't your Play Memories software [Both Mobile & PC] delete files off of the device?

21) There is no way to change the display to show minutes left on the SD card during recording, it only shows you how long you have been recording.  Really?  So I just have to guess how many minutes I have left that I can record before I run out of space?  A firmware update could fix this.

22) Live View Remote RM-LVR1 does NOT display how many minutes of recording are left on the SD card! Do you actually use your products? Why does it not tell me how many minutes there are left worth of recording? You would think this would be a critical thing to display. If you want to find out how long you have left on the SD card you have to take off the camera which makes the live view remote that much more useless.

23) Live View Remote RM-LVR1 does NOT display the cameras battery level, only the remotes battery level. If you want to know the battery level of the camera you have to take it off, which defeats the purpose of the remote view in the first place!

24) On the watch only display screen [not live video], it should also show the cameras battery level and recording time left as well. This way, if you do not want to have the live view remote showing what you are recording [to save battery on the non-swappable remote view watch], you can still use it to show how much time you have left on the SD card and battery levels of both the remote AND the camera.  For those of us who don't need to see exactly what we are recording [and again to save battery as you can't swap it out], we could still use the live view remote on the watch screen [saving battery] to alert us how long we have left before the SD card is full, how much battery is left,and that we are recording [via the red light].

25) Mehr Einstellungsmöglichkeiten in der App wären klasse,  alles was man auch an der Cam einstellen kann.

Ein Paar Updates wären SUPER liebes Sony Team. Ihr habt da ein ECHT geiles Produkt, schöpft aber das Potential nicht aus. Ihr habt die Chance GoPro nicht nur Konkurrenz zu machen sondern zu überholen und die Position des Marktführers zu übernehmen.

27 ANTWORTEN 27
profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi,

nee, ich weiß auch nur, dass die Liste gelesen wurde, aber was davon gegebenenfalls umgesetzt wird und wann, kann ich leider auch nicht sagen.

Grüße

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)
profile.country.DE.title
brandnst
Entdecker

Gibt's schon was neues aus Insiderkreisen, in die eine oder andere Richtung?

profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi,

sorry, leider nichts Neues. Ich werde noch einmal nachhaken.

Grüße

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)
KLausBLN
Mitglied

Ich schätze zwar, dass es hier verbreitet wird falls sich was tut, aber ich fragt trotzdem nochmal nach. Gibts Neuigkeiten? Die alte Firmware ist ja jetzt schon etwas älter...
profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi,

ja, verbreitet bzw. weitergegeben wurde es, aber offensichtlich hat sich da leider nichts getan. Ich frage aber gerne mal nach.

Grüße

darkframe

profile.country.DE.title
brandnst
Entdecker

Ich tendiere stark zu der Aussage dass Sony sich wenig um Kundenwünsche schert. Schade hätte cool werden können. Stark wäre zumindest den Quellcode der Firmware zu releasen um inoffizielle updates zu ermöglichen...

NicTemdo
Neues Mitglied

Hallo,

ich habe nun sehr interessiert die "Verbesserungsvorschläge" für ein Firmware Update durchgelesen. So wie es scheint, ist Sony tatsächlich nicht interessiert, hier gravierend etwas zu tun, zumal sich diese "Wünsche" ja schon sehr lange hinziehen.

Was mich persönlich zum gegenwärtigen Zeitpunkt am meisten interessiert ist, ob eine Aussicht besteht, dass der Schreibschutz von meiner AS200V, der besteht, wenn ich die Cam via USB an einem PC angeschlossen habe, irgendwie ausgeschaltet werden kann, um Fotos/Filme zu löschen. Ich muss jedesmal die MicroUSB herauspfrimeln, in den Converter stecken, Dateien überspielen, löschen und wieder ins Gerät packen. Die komfortablere Variante wäre jene, die einem im "Action Cam Movie Creator" angeboten wird --> "importierte Dateien löschen" --> funktioniert aber nicht.

Wie sieht es aus?

Gruß NicTemdo

Feger9
Neues Mitglied

Hallo :grin:

Ich freue mich schon meeeeega auf mein XZ Premium. :grin: Die slo-mo funktion ist hammer, da habt ihr echt super Arbei geleistet. Vielleicht kann man ja machen dass sie slomo so einfaded also dass es nicht ZACK und slomo ist sondern sich die framerate sich wie eine hyperbel oder auch eine lineare linie vermindert. so könnte man noch ein bisschen mehr Zeit raushohlen. Und auch wenn meine 30 sekundenaufnahme 3 GB gorß wäre, würde das mich nicht stören. Ich fänds suer wenn die zeitspanne etwas höher wäre :grin:

Das ist mir gerade ein bisschen ein Dorn im Auge, das Feature an sich ist ja mega cool und auch ein Kauf-Argument :grin:

LG
Feger9

PS:
Schön dass man den entwicklern Vorschläge geben kann