Join now - be part of our community!

AX100 - yellow lines all over image

MovingStonecat
Explorer

AX100 - yellow lines all over image

Howdy, I recently bought the AX100 camera. Tried it at home first and everything was perfect. Then used it again, changed iris/ISO settings because of a slightly darker room, and turned a bit crappy, luckily the worst bits was at the end of shooting. I think I had too high ISO resulting in crappy quality when zoomed at 100% in 4K. But the worst / strangest thing that happed was the yellow lines, NOT visible on screen while shooting, but it's there when watching in camera/harddrive. They are barely visible on most of the shots, but very yellow in the last clips, and I don't remember changing any settings at this point. Questions: are these lines results of too high ISO? And why didn't it show on screen while filming? I want to be sure this never happen again, surely not with well paid work/impossible reshooting...

/ Stefan

Skärmavbild 2015-04-29 kl. 15.11.31.png

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

...well ZZ Top have changed a bit since I last saw them :smileyshocked:(Just Kidding)

Out of interest were you shooting under fluorescent lights?

If so I have seen reports of this happening to people and it is suggested you shoot at 24fps

with a shutter speed of 1/50 in PAL territories (1/60 in NTSC).

Hopefully other members may have more knowledge to share with you :slight_smile:

MovingStonecat
Explorer

So... you're not suggesting it's the yellow lines in the ZZ Top logo...? ehh hehe 

Anyway, might have been flourescent lamps, yeah that kind of old buildings use to have those lights... Ah! - Forgot that I can find out what settings used while filming. (Been using mini-DV tapes too long.) And woahhh the shutter speed was way out of the league haha, that's the culprit I guess!

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

LOL :yahoo:

It would  be interesting if you could shoot somewhere with fluorescent lamps on the settings used for that video,

then shoot some more on recommended settings just to make sure.