Join now - be part of our community!

How do i connect my handycam to my macbook pro?

profile.country.en_GB.title
ANNEBEER
Visitor

How do i connect my handycam to my macbook pro?

Help!!!!!!!! Ive been trying to connect my handycam dvd109 to my mac but it only seems to see the photos not video its driving me crazy trying to work it out im using i movie any help would be great Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello ANNEBEER - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Could you please let me know which version of iMovie you are using and whether you are seeing a particular error message?

Thanks,

Simon

ANNEBEER
Visitor

Simon, it's I movie 11 version 9.04 no message comes up just doesn't seem to find my handycam! Thanks Anne

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

Thanks for the extra info. You have mentioned that nothing is showing up in iMovie, does anything show up on the main screen i.e. when plugging in via USB, does the device itself appear as a disc drive / external device? Alternatively, once the DVDs have been finalised in the camera, can you view them after inserting them into the DVD drive? If either of these situations occur, there will be some software based options for getting this data in iMovie.

Thanks,

Simon

ANNEBEER
Visitor

Simon,

When i plug it in via usb it opens up my i photos (i guess from my memory card in camera) but thats it, it doesnt seem to reconise the disk in camcorder at all?

Thanks so far!

Anne

gonzo1010
New

Actually I cannot connect my Sony Handycam to my new HP Pavilion computer running windows 10. Can you please help?