Join now - be part of our community!

Transfer from Mini DV tape to PC...

profile.country.en_GB.title
gesmyth3429
Visitor

Transfer from Mini DV tape to PC...

Firstly - apologies in advance if my question appears somewhat 'dumb' - I'm not the most techy person in the world!

I have a digital video camera recorder (model: Sony DCR-PC101E) and wish to transfer the content of my mini DV tapes to my PC (Dell with Windows Vista).  My camcorder is about 8 years old and my PC about 3 years old.

I understand that if I buy an iLink cable to connect the camcorder to PC I will be able to transfer the DV tape content to the PC in an effective manner....

My question - does/would my computer have the necessary driver for the camcorder? (I have Windows Movie Maker installed).  If not - where/how do I obtain the correct driver for my (8 year old) camcorder?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
petercorker
Visitor

I have a DCR-PC8E and have only a firewire (IEEE1394) cable. This plugs into a firewire port on an adapter I have added to my PC. I can then transfer the video from camcorder to PC using third party software (I use Roxio 2010 pro) and create a DVD. I would have preferred to use USB but can only find information for connection using IEEE1394. Not sure if this helps or not.

turnell
New

Your Camcorder should have cables. Your PC will be running with USB port.

i Check your camera output system.

2 Check your computer input system.

3 If your iLink cable connects to camera and computer then both of them should talk to each other.

Sorry i'm into PC but i use Appple Mac.