Join now - be part of our community!

Confusion

profile.country.en_GB.title
Karenesque5
New

Confusion

I downloaded the latest reader software a few weeks ago and have been using it with no problems.  Tonight it tells me there is an updated version, so I download it and it is the US version, asking me to register for the Sony Reader Store.  I can't, I'm in the UK and the original store links for Waterstones, WH Smith are no longer there.  Will this US version of the software effect my ability to download books from the original stores?

11 REPLIES 11
carpetmojo

I've had no problems so far, no freezing/blinking/flicker, whatever. I used Calibre to transfer some books , which went fine - as soon as I remembered to get it into Transfer Data Mode ............. duh :cry:

I am finding the Browser screen contrast/font a bit washed out though (blooming glasses) , I know there's a way to sort that, can't find it at the moment.

Battery life is terrific, by the way - well, mine is anyway !

I'm getting the hang of the device now, I think - oops, x'ing fingies, touching timber......:smileyblush:

Karenesque5
New

I'm looking forward to receiving it, but am no longer getting the red one.  They could not guarantee delivery before Christmas, if at all for the red, so they asked if I would have another colour.  I went for the black.  Really fancied the red too.  I nearly cancelled altogether and went for a Kobo Touch.  I've had a Kobo before, along with a Kindle and though they both did the job, I still prefer my Sony. (Gave the others to friends)  All we need now is for Sony to open the UK online store and my library to start offering an ebook service.  I use my 350 everyday and apart from a very slow start up, it has been great.....unlike the Kobo and Kindle.  I know my father loves his 650.  Anyway, let's hope by this time next week, I'll have the new one in my hot little hand.

PS  Waterstones are selling the 350 and 650 at sale prices, if anyone is interested