Join now - be part of our community!

How do I re-download the free books I got on registration?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
penelope678
Visitor

How do I re-download the free books I got on registration?

I have updated the softwareon my PRS-650 and now the Bbeb format freebie books I downloaded on registering my Reader are no longer usable.  Can I access them again and download them in a current format?

Also, the newly downloaded Reader for PC freezes straight away.  All this updating was done remotely for me by Sony on line help and I am beginning to think they downloaded stuff for the USA and Canada and not for the UK!  Is this possible? I cannot find how I got them now, but the girl who was on-line to me was surprised when I said I was in UK and not California!  Help!

Message was edited by: penelope678

Message was edited by: penelope678

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
penelope678
Visitor

Thankyou, Carpetmojo!  I contacted Sony, and you are correct. They advised me to remove everything the  online real-time help had done and use the Reader Library, and lo and behold, the freebie books 'work' !  I can only suppose I got on the US help rather than the UK one by accident.  Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
carpetmojo

Sounds a very probable booboo by Sony !"

I'd suggest a call to Sony support - if it is software installed/provided by them, I reckon they are the best ones to sort it !

At no charge....:smileycool:

penelope678
Visitor

Thankyou, Carpetmojo!  I contacted Sony, and you are correct. They advised me to remove everything the  online real-time help had done and use the Reader Library, and lo and behold, the freebie books 'work' !  I can only suppose I got on the US help rather than the UK one by accident.  Thanks for your help.

carpetmojo

Glad to help,  Lady Penelope  :wink: