Join now - be part of our community!

PRS-T1 Problems UK

profile.country.en_GB.title
willow050201
Visitor

PRS-T1 Problems UK

Okay, so I have new PRS-T1, looks lovely in red, but so many things that seem to take a life time to sort out.

1.... My internet is working fine but for nothing ewill the reader connect. why?

2....After spending three days trying to work out how to register and set up the Adobe, Eureaka, it worked, Try to buy a book on the  Sony ereader store that comes up on the sony app on my computer running Vista premium, and its  American and will not let me buy books....So my Question obviously is there no UK  sony E reader store.

I chose this instead of a kindle and I am beginning to think a kindle would have been easier. can someone help.

Message was edited by: willow050201

Message was edited by: willow050201

10 REPLIES 10
carpetmojo

Hi willow - no, I'm afraid the Reader store is not scheduled in UK before Dec 1st. then all should be OK ......

If you have a wifi connection, though. you should be able to buy elsewhere.

I haven't bought yet, but I  have d/loaded pub. domain "classics"/oddities using the wifi connection - have you at least one useable connection ?

I think until the Reader Store opens the full capabilities won't show.

You'll still be able to buy from other stores.

whiskymac17
Visitor

Hi Willow,

carpetmojo is quite correct, you can download eBooks from any supplier, I use Waterstones but WH Smiths has a good selection as well. This is the big advantage over the Kindle where you are obliged to use Amazon as it doesn't read ePub formatted books. If you explore your reader you will find a browser on the PRS-T1 that can be used just like MS Explorer or Firefox. You simply browse to your favourite bookshop and buy your choice, then download. I have also managed to download pictures and pobcasts. As long as you are in an accessable WiFi zone you can browse and download with ease.

whiskymac17

willow050201
Visitor

I do  have accesable wi-fi but on the reader it tell me its scanning, then it disconnects, then connects and then does it all over again, I try to use the browser, it tells me im not coonected yet my wifi sign is there saying i am. very confusing.

whiskymac17
Visitor

Have you set up WiFi access on your reader and entered your access key, assuming your WiFi is secure.

If not you need to go to "Settings" on the opening page 2, then "Wireless Network Settings", "Wi-Fi Setings" and set up your WiFi, there are instructions for this in the manual (there are several different approaches depending on your service). You only need to do this once and then your reader will scan and log on automatically. Try accessing WiFi in one of the free access locations like McDonalds.

whiskymac17

willow050201
Visitor

i've done that, it tells me im connected but when i try to open the browser it says check my internet connection, which the reader is showing that i am connected. Ican see the little sign that tells me im connected but the browser wont connect.

carpetmojo

Willow, have you entered your router password on the access request panel when asked for it ?

Without this it won't connect with your network.

Youi may be connecting with a free hotspot, but very poor connection.

In your list of available network connections, of which there should be quite a few, (none of which you can access unless you have the various psswords) go to the one you can connect to, which I'm presuming is your own wifi network,and check the signal strength.

All this applies to kindle - you need a secure connection first.

This is why the myth of downloading books gaily on the beach only applies if you have the hotel's connection password - usually you pay a fee !

willow050201
Visitor

Yes iv'e done that it tells me my livebox is remembered, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK, It tells me my connection is excellent, but if you go to wi fi  tun on/off  it goes from scanning to connected to disconnected and back again . I feel im missing something but dont know what.

thomasn75
Visitor

hi

i wonder if you have a problem with the network rather than with the reader. i assume you have other devices connected to the wifi. I always find turning router of and leaving a little while and then turning it back on works. you may already have done this. Also some routers will only allow a certain amount of devises to connect to the router at one time so maybe try and turn something else of and see if reader connects better. it sounds like your reader is being kicked of the network - possibly by the router.

thomas

willow050201
Visitor

Thats what I thought it was, Ihave 5 comps and 3 blackberrys and 2 apples and now soon to be 2 readers, do you  think its overloading my broadband . i,m on orange home broadband.