Join now - be part of our community!

Question

profile.country.en_GB.title
turner71
Visitor

Question

Can anybody help me, my sony prs600 has decided to go wrong after 11months, it has a blank screen and a message at the botton this is 1 FSKIN:/I/STRING...I have tried to reset it and nothing changes after it has reset, I sent it to sony who wont repair it as I haven't purchased it from a vat registered company so they wont touch it, even though I have registered the warranty. They say they want £55.00 plus vat and the cost of any parts used. I am absolutely appalled at this and will never purchase anything sony again. But I stuck with the prs600 with this message on it and I dont know how to get rid of it.. Can anyone help.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

If you bought this new 11 months ago then you should go back to whoever you got it from and ask them to sort it out.

I had issues with my PRS-600 after approx 10/11 months. Took it back to WH Smith and got a full refund.

turner71
Visitor

Thanks for that, I am in the process of doing this, the only problem is I brought it off ebay and the company I have brought it from wont answer my letters or emails, so while I am trying to resolve this I thought there might be an easy way of fixing it. But thankyou for your reply.

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

I thought I'd google your error and found a possible solution, found on the mobileread forums. You'll see it at the bottom of the following link

http://tinyurl.com/6m2l9vt

Worth a try

carpetmojo

Sale of Goods Act, your retailer is the one yiou have your contract with - I presume ebay won't help ?

See if they'll give you any more seller details, then stick 'em one in the Small Claims Court !

That'll wake 'em up....