Join now - be part of our community!

Reader for PC will not open

profile.country.en_GB.title
john24479864
Visitor

Reader for PC will not open

Hello there, can anybody help me? I have bought a PRS-T1 reader for my wife. I loaded the software from the device and it worked. I then updated the device from the sony website. After this update I cannot open the reader for pc software. Double click on the icon, message comes up to allow the software to open, click yes (blue running icon comes up) then nothing. I am logged in as an administrator etc etc. I have deleted the software and downloaded an up to date one from the sony website - still the same problem.

John

3 REPLIES 3
carpetmojo

Hello john - I'm presuming you got Adobe Digital Editions ?

Next, have you tried a reset ? Bent paperclip the only hi-tech gear you need - see manual.

Otherwise, Drumzman or Thalamus may be the next port of call.....

john24479864
Visitor

Hi there and thank you for the reply. I have downloaded the adobe software and I will re-set the device after my wife opens it on Christmas day! I will come back after the event. This seems a common problem judging from the forums on the internet. I will put the software on my wifes laptop and see what happens. If not back to this computer.

Kind regards John

carpetmojo

OK john - don't forget to keep an eye on here and Sony support to see if there are any new updates/fixes/ etc...

MobliRead Forum is another good place to look - sign your wife up for it - it's free and contains a wealth of info, offers, freebies, advice etc....