Join now - be part of our community!

How to deregister prs-600

profile.country.en_GB.title
kateb123
New

How to deregister prs-600

Hi, I understand how to de-authorize my reader so another user can download books onto it. My question is, I have sold on my old prs-600. The new owner would like to register the product so she can get updates etc, but it is still registered with sony to me - is there any way to de-register so she can do this?

4 REPLIES 4
carpetmojo

Hello kate - if you scroll down this screen, lower left - Similar questions .

A couple of which relate directly to your problem .....

kateb123
New

Thanks but I have checked through similar questions and none are relevant to what I want to know - I already know how to de-authorize reader. When I bought the reader I registered with Sony so that I could receive product updates. The new owner would like to register the product so that they too can receive updates. It has already been deauthorized so they can download books onto it.

Drumzman
New

Hi katebartle123,

Not sure if this will work - but perhaps worth a try.  If you visit the 'My Sony' section of Sony's support website (https://www.sony.co.uk/mysony/RegisterProduct.action?site=odw_en_GB), where you will have registered your product in the first place, if you view your list of products, next to each is an option to 'remove from list'.  When you do this you get a confirmation message to say that the product has been deregistered.  If the new owner then goes to the same place (as above) and signs up for a My Sony account, in theory they should be able to register the product to them.

As I say - worth a try!

Hope this works/helps.

kateb123
New

Thanks for that - have done as you have said, now hopefully that will have sorted the problem - many thanks for your help :slight_smile: