Join now - be part of our community!

BDNV 7200

profile.country.GB.title
Grant1973
New

BDNV 7200

I have a blown (on the treble end) front right speaker with my BDNV7200 and I am having a nightmare with Sony Support.  The system is still under warranty and I have had the speaker in with a Sony Repair Centre who claim to have made some adjustments, I can categorically state no adjustments were made (the screws on the speaker have not been touched) and the speaker is still faulty.  I've now been told to take it back again to a repair centre; the nearest is a mere 30 miles from my home.  This is a joke!

In all honesty I've never had such a poor customer experience, I would've expected better from a supposed premium vendor.  I am now in a position where I am looking at writing the cost of this system off becuase it is outside of the return period to get my money back.

In my mind the solution is simple, send me a replacement speaker and I will return the faulty one; come on Sony sort your sh*t out!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @Grant1973,

I have escalated this for you, so someone from Support should be in touch with you soon.

Cheers,

Cass

profile.country.GB.title
Grant1973
New

I was hoping not have to reply to this post, but here I am, still feeling disappointed with Sony!

Yes, someone did get in touch with me and a resolution was proposed where I was to purchase replacement speaker from EET and send the invoice to Sony for reimbursement.  Whilst this was far from an ideal solution I did want a working system so I have parted with £118.52 of my own money and sent the invoice onto Sony for reimbursement.  We are now one week on and I have heard nothing back regarding reimbursement.

The intital attentiveness was encouraging and did go some way to restoring my faith in Sony, but this lack of reponse over a refund is frustrating especially given this is a product in warranty and I should not have had to part with my own funds to fix the issue.

Sony sort it out!

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @Grant1973 - I followed up with Support on this for you, and believe you should receive the payment in the next two working days (so Friday or Monday).  Please keep us posted if this does not happen of course.