Join now - be part of our community!

HT CT370 Soundbar Compatibility with Sky Q UHD

sibutch54
Explorer

HT CT370 Soundbar Compatibility with Sky Q UHD

I have just had Sky Q installed and I cannot obtain a UHD signal through my Soundbar. I have had to wire direct from Sky Q Box to TV set.

Instructions suggest that the soundbar is compaitible, can anyone help?

Simon.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Depending upon what resolution and colour bit depth you have your Sky Q Silver box set to, the HT-CT370 only supports 8bit for 2160p@50hz/60hz.  See chart below:

8bit.jpg

Also, you havnt mentioned what TV you have, but if its not a Sony, you will need to change the pass-through HDMI settings from "Auto" to "ON".

Pass-Through.jpg

Even after all that, I am unsure if this soundbar is compatible with HDCP 2.2 - which is required for the Sky Q Silver box

However to be frank, I would leave the Sky Q Silver box connected directly to the TV - this is the recommended configuration at this current time.

Cheers

sibutch54
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus sorry for the late response, I missed your post somehow but many thanks for getting back to me. I have a Sony Bravia KD-65X850B which has 4K resolution. Also I'm afraid I'm not a Techie so some of the terms you're using are lost on me.

After using a sound bar the sound quality is far superior to the TV speaker system so I'm going to leave it set on the soundbar for now until I can get some more guidance.

All the best,

Simon.