Join now - be part of our community!

I am trying to connect a Sony DVD player Model DVP-SR760H

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ticonno18
New

I am trying to connect a Sony DVD player Model DVP-SR760H

I am trying to connect a Sony DVD player Model DVP-SR760H which I got for Xmas to my Sony Bravia TV Model KDL-32W5500.

I have attached the HDMI cable to the back of the DVD player and the other end of the cable to the back of my television in the HDMI 1 connector. The DVD player itself has a green light which would indicate that it was switched on and I am able to insert a DVD disc. When I press the play button on the DVD player I can hear it starting up but there is nothing on the tv screen except the tv programme which is on the television.

Could anyone advise me how to go about getting it to work. I followed the instructions in the manual which came with the player and also checked the Bravia TV manual. Where am I going wrong. Hope someone can help me who has the same tv and dvd player as me and can give me instructions in laymans terms about how to connect. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

you have connected it just fine however im not sure about your model tv but if you can get into settings/external inputs/HDMI set up then set HDMI control to on that should do it, if you cannot do that then simply press the input button on your remote to the desired input, in your case HDMI 1.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bravia55HX

Hi,

you have connected it just fine however im not sure about your model tv but if you can get into settings/external inputs/HDMI set up then set HDMI control to on that should do it, if you cannot do that then simply press the input button on your remote to the desired input, in your case HDMI 1.

LoriR5991
New

I am having same problem. I have Sony 4K using thru sky q. That only remote I use

thanks