Join now - be part of our community!

HT-MT500 sound bar

profile.country.GB.title
albroad63
New

HT-MT500 sound bar

I have just bought an HT-MT500 sounbar and I cannot get it to find my PC under Home Network. I can get it to play music from my iPhone via Songpal but I want to play other music from my PC hard drive. The instructions say I need to set PC as a server but I am not sure how this is done, I called Microsoft who told me to contact Sony. Any ideas or suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @albroad63 and welcome to the community,

Usually you can set up a home network using your router in combination with your PC.  This will depend on what router you have and your PC configuration.  Is there someone you can ask to come over and help you with this, as that might be easiest.  Also sharing this article in case it's useful: https://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/home-networking-explained-part-5-setting-up-a-home-router/

Cheers,

C

profile.country.GB.title
albroad63
New

Thanks, unfortunately I hve recently moved to a new town and do not yet know anyone who could help me.

My broadband uses a Sky Q router, everything is connected to my wireless network, the PC is connected to a homeplug via an ethernet cable. I have created a Homegroup on my PC and ensured that the soundbar has permission to access any music etc. on it. However, on the Home Screen I still get a message saying no media server is found. Songpal detects the PC but says no music can be found on it, there are albums in the Music folder both for iTunes and 'normal'. I have run out of things to try, I thought this would all be simple!

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

I have escalated this for you, so someone from Support should be in touch to assist you soon.

profile.country.GB.title
albroad63
New

Nobody has been in touch, I called and spoke to Support early last week, someone was supposed to call me back on Thursday but didn't. I am not happy about that or with this soundbar, I am going to take it back and get a refund then look for an alternative