Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-N5200W Large JPG (Canon EOS 450D/80D) over LAN blurred

profile.country.GB.title
jchlemmer
New

BDV-N5200W Large JPG (Canon EOS 450D/80D) over LAN blurred

Hi there,

just installed this system with my new projector and have problems using it for slideshows from my NAS.

1. I was disappointed, that there is obviously no App available to directly connect to a CIFS-Share on the LAN or to connect to services like Dropbox to display pictures through this device. Or is there some solution to this, I have not found yet?

2. I already have Twonky running on my NAS as a Mediaserver. Twonky can be used over the device without any problems as long as I use it for movies and music. Fotos from Smartphones, Tablets, and Cameras with a lower resolution/smaller files can also be shown without problems. But as soon as I want to show a JPG (not a CR2 RAW-File) that was taken with my new Canon EOS 80D or my old 450D (Rebel) it looks like the device renders the thumbnail instead of the picture itself. The picture is totally blurred, smaller than the normal screen and has large pixels. The same pictures can be rendered from all my other devices (no matter if opend directly or over Twonky) without any problems.Using an USB-Stick directly connected to the device the pictures are rendered correctly.

Any Ideas?

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @jchlemmer - I'm just looking into this for you and will come back to you shortly.  Cheers, C

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi again @jchlemmer - I've passed this on to one of our product experts, but have not had very much luck finding a solution for you I'm afraid:

1. There is no app available from Sony to offer the remote connection you describe.
  2. This is a difficult one as it seems like it might be your external home networking software that’s the issue. As usual, you should check the main unit software is up to date etc.

You could try getting in touch with Support to see if they can help (details here)?

C

profile.country.GB.title
jchlemmer
New

The software of the Sony-Unit is up to date, and as larger pictures can be displayed through Twonky on all my other devices without any problems, the Sony-Unit must be the problem.

As I went on in my own examination of the problem I found out, that this could be a time-out problem of the Sony-Unit. The image I get on the Sony-Unit is exactly the one I get on all my other devices as a first step before the full detailed image is displayed, when the connection is weak (WLAN). Obviously Twonky deliveres a low resolution image first to "get something on the screen" and sends the full resolution image afterwards. While all other devices wait for the full resolution image to arrive and then replace the low resolution image with the full version, the Sony-Unit does not wait for the full resolution image to arrive and stayes with the low resolution image.

I guess the low resolution image is allways displayed, but you cannot realize it on the other devices, as long as the connection is good and the full resolution picture is immediately following. As the Sony-Unit is hardwired to my LAN using a modern 1 GBit capable connection that is working absolutely fine for all other services, it should be the same with this device, but instead ot stayes with the low resolution image.