Join now - be part of our community!

ht-st9 soundbar

profile.country.GB.title
costakouppas
Explorer

ht-st9 soundbar

i bought a couple of srs-zr7 wireless speakers to link to my soundbar so that i can have sound at the back of the room linked to my soundbar. I was told that i can set them up as surround sound but looking at the compatibility list is doesn't show them as compatible for surround sound. it shows that I can use them as multi room with this sounbar. can i still set them both up as multi room and use it that way from my soundbar, ive trid everything but cant get them both to connect to my soundbar

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @costakouppas,

You might find this blog post useful: How-to: Set up Wireless Multi-room

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

C

profile.country.GB.title
costakouppas
Explorer

Thanks for this, will give it a go, just to clarfy, i want to connect them both to my soundbar and have them at the back of the room, the ht st9 does not have surround sound option which is fine as long as i can get the sound on the srs-zr7 the same as what is coming out of the sound bar, would that be the case,? what i will also try is bluethhoth or network one of them to the sounbar and then connect that one to the the other wireless speaker, do you think that will work, if i cant get it to work will need to get them back to the shop as they are expensive and will not be able to use them

thanks

costa

profile.country.GB.title
costakouppas
Explorer

Hi,

I have now set them up so thank you, so my soundbar and both of the srs-zr7 are working together when i play music via my smartphone,  Any idea how i can get the sound from my TV that is plugged into the sounbar out of the 2 srs-zr7 as well as the soundbar, ive tried everything and cant get this to work.

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @costakouppas,

Glad to hear you got them set up.  I'm not sure about getting sound from the TV out of the SRS-ZR7 speakers however.  If there's no option to do this via the app, it might not be possible.  Hopefully another community member can help, but if not you could get in touch with Support (details here).

Cheers,

C

profile.country.GB.title
costakouppas
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, called the support and its not possible, they sound pretty good with the soundbar and gives it that extra bit of sound all round when playing music from my phone so will keep them, shame really as the sony rep in the store told me it will work, may have a word with him anyway

Thanks again

Costa

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

No worries Costa.  Sounds like a good idea to have another chat with the rep in the store too, if you get a chance.

Cheers,

C