Join now - be part of our community!

No sound from Blu-ray via Sony CT800

profile.country.GB.title
Soosieboo
Explorer

No sound from Blu-ray via Sony CT800

I recently purchased a CT800 sound bar and followed the set up by connecting my 

KD49XE8077 TV. The set up says to connect all other tech to the sound bar.

The TV is connected via HDMI (arc) and I have also connected the sky box, Amazon firestick and my Samsung C5500 Blu-ray home cinema via HDMI. I want the Blu-ray sound via the sound bar rather than its own speakers. (Which are now disconnected)

However when I play a disc there is no sound until I change the HDMI settings on the Blu-ray. It works until it's powered off then toggles back to the original settings.

I also tried connecting it via the optical cable to the sound bar but that didn't work either.

Any ideas welcome!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @Soosieboo and welcome to the community,

You could try disconnecting the Sky box to see if this makes any difference?  If it works, the next step would be to reconnect the Sky box to the soundbar using a HDMI cable without CEC - this may resolve the issue.

Cheers,

C

profile.country.GB.title
Soosieboo
Explorer

Thank you Cass. But the issue isn't with the sky box. It's the bluray that doesn't have sound. 

regards

SB

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Understood SB.  However, in the past there were some issues with Sky Box that could cause such problems as you described, so it could be worth a try.