Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-hxd710 radio channel problem

profile.country.GB.title
Columbia68
Explorer

RDR-hxd710 radio channel problem

My hard drive recorder was set to record a radio2 programme but all I got was the radio2 logo but no sound. When I select the radio channel, and other radio channels, I get a brief 5 seconds or so of sound then nothing. I accessed the system menu to auto tune the channels and while the menu is on screen the radio sound comes back on. The radio goes off when I close the system menu. It's only just started doing this in the past week, the tv channels are all fine and record fine. Can anyone suggest anything I can do?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @Columbia68 and welcome to the community,

Have you tried resetting the recorder to see if that resolves the issue?  If it doesn't, I recommended contacting the Support team for further assistance (details here).

Cheers,

Cass

profile.country.GB.title
Gordon999
New

I am experiencing exactly the same problem, which also started this week - coincidence?

profile.country.GB.title
Columbia68
Explorer

Thanks for your quick response. I was nervous of doing a factory reset in case I lost my recordings so I did a couple of reinstalls of the channels and it seems ok now. It's odd that someone else has reported the same thing, could be a freeview issue.

profile.country.GB.title
Columbia68
Explorer

Yes that is odd, seems to be ok now after a reinstall of the channels could have been a freeview issue as the channel numbers all changed a couple of weeks ago didn't they, BBC news channel etc.

profile.country.GB.title
Gordon999
New

I was intending to do a reset and was also nervous about losing the recordings I had on the hard disk. I therefore copied a couple of files to DVD and then to my surprise found that the problem had fixed itself - the radio channels are now back to normal without any re-tuning or reset of any kind. Very strange!

profile.country.GB.title
pwhittle
New

I have found exactly the same problem with my RDR-HXD860. Unfortunately, retuning has not fixed it. Again - it manifested itself a couple of weeks ago.