Join now - be part of our community!

XT3 - No sound or picture from Sky

profile.country.GB.title
andyMas78
New

XT3 - No sound or picture from Sky

Hello All,

I purchased an XT3 soundbase for my parents early this year and all was working fine.  Sky box connected to HDMI input on XT3 and then via HDMI ARC to Panasonic TV.

The Sky box then froze and after numerous calls with Sky the TV was working again but they'd got him to unplug the XT3 and washed their hands of the issue.

The soundbase still works - if I bring-up the XT3 menu that displays on the TV and I can play audio via bluetooth happily.

BUT even now plugged back together no Sky picture or audio is possible when connected to the TV via the XT3.

Does anyone have any inspiration?  I'm trying to diagnose this remotely as I'm 120+miles away from my parents.  Is there a setting on Sky that might be the issue?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Sky boxes are known to have a bad HDMI-CEC implementation that could bring problems to the other connected devices.

I didn't understand if connecting both the xt3 and sky to the tv the system is working (you get the audio in any case from the xt3 via the arc connection). The best solution is to buy a CECless hmdi cable or adapter to disable the CEC signalling from the sky box