Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HT-XT3 + PS4 Pro + Sony 55X8509C TV = 4K Picture???

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
kdombaz
Explorer

Sony HT-XT3 + PS4 Pro + Sony 55X8509C TV = 4K Picture???

Right I have been trying to sort out the above equation regarding getting 4K + HDR from PS4 Pro and I think I have the answer. Below is my posts to another forum (Hi-Fi) which had the more or less the same issue. Upshot is if you want 10-bit colour which PS4 Pro can deliver the go directly to TV HDMI and set it to "Echanced" (Sony android TV only) and if you want to route through the soundbase then set the HDMI to "Standard" which will give you the 4K@60FPS Yuv 420 8-bit colour + HDR. Hope this helps to people.

Here is the posts

Hi,

I just installed the following together.

Sony 55X8509C

Sony PS4 Pro

Sony HT-XT3

This is what I found out

If PS4 connected directly to TV which will support Enhanced HDMI configuration, the HDMI port needs to be set to Enhanced (here http://helpguide.sony.net/tv/caep1/v1/en/contents/TP0000848059.html) and PS4 Pro will run with all the whistles and bells (HDR etc.)

If I connect PS4 to the soundbase (HT-XT3) then I have to set the HDMI on the TV (HDMI4-ARC) to Standard which gives me 4K YUV 420. If HDMI is set to Enhanced PS4 Pro always reverts to 1080p. I kept all settings on the soundbase as defaults.

I don't know if this is any kind of help but this is what heppened to me. Any comments appreciated.

Thanks

Koray

Right a bit more info in addition to my previous post.

This soundbase can do max 4K@60fps is YUV 420 and 8-bit colour. So even though PS4 Pro is able to do 4K@60fps 4.4.4 10-bit colour this unit will do max 4K@60fps YUV 420 and 8-bit colour. Reading the Sony 55X8509C TV's FAQ it says

"The TV HDMI Enhanced setting advertises the following additional supported timings to the connected source device:
4K (50, 60Hz): YCbCr 4:4:4/8 bit, YCbCr 4:2:2 /8bit/10bit/12bit, YCbCr 4:2:0 / 10bit or RGB signal. [Aaronwt]: "You don't need to have Enhanced on for the input to accept 2160P60. You do need it on to accept a 10 bit signal though. None of my 65X850C inputs are set to enhanced. But they have no problem receiving 3840 x 2160P at 60Hz from my 4K devices. Like a Roku 4, TiVo Bolt, and the Sony FMP-X10."

"

So I am getting what I am supposed to get based on the limitations of the soundbase. If I want 10-bit colour then I have to connect directly to TV and set the hdmi to Echanced.

That's it. It is sorted now.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just butting in here and linking to this thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/hi-fi-systems/ht-tx3-and-ps4-pro/m-p/2265255

At the moment, until devices catch up, the general advice is if you want HDR and 10bit, then you connect the device (i.e. PS4 Pro) directly to the TV.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi,

in the Soundbar have you choice [HDMI Deep Colour Output] > [12bit], [10bit] and [YCbCr/RGB (HDMI)] > [RGB]?

Have you plu the PS4 in the HDMI 1? Only HDMI compatible with HDCP 2.2 protocol.

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
kdombaz
Explorer

@Marino.Manolo

Yes the setup is TV HDMI4(ARC) to HDMI in on HT-XT3 and PS4 Pro to HDMI1.

Without tinkering any settings on the soundbase I think i got the best settings I could get or do you think I should play with the settings you mention to get a better setup?

Thanks

Koray

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Maybe you have to force RGB and Deep Colour in the Soundbar if with default settings (Auto) don't has a result...
In the PS4 Pro, for HDR, Color Format is RGB when in the TV is [Enhanced format]...

Manolo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just butting in here and linking to this thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/hi-fi-systems/ht-tx3-and-ps4-pro/m-p/2265255

At the moment, until devices catch up, the general advice is if you want HDR and 10bit, then you connect the device (i.e. PS4 Pro) directly to the TV.

Cheers