anuluj
Pokazywanie wyników dla 
Zamiast tego wyszukaj 
Czy miało to oznaczać: 

Dołącz teraz - stań się częścią naszej społeczności!

UBP-X800M2 too bright subtitles

ROZWIĄZANE
profile.country.PL.title
pajusty
Poszukiwacz

UBP-X800M2 too bright subtitles

Hi,

subtitles (non-pgs) in vide files like mkv are too bright. is there any way they can be dimmed or any option to change color? Appe TV displays them as grey and on grey box and they are much more friendly for eyes. On X800M2 turning subtitles on makes they totally useless because you want to put your shades on to continue watch. I tried to change color of SRT subtitles in windows app before muxing them back but X800M2 still reads them as white and disregards color info.

Can someone from Sony do something with that or it is deliberate intension because this problem does not show on disks only on video files. BR disks have nice, dim subtitles.

13 ODPOW. 13
profile.country.PL.title
pajusty
Poszukiwacz

Yes I can but this thread was about X800M2 which as I can understand can display only plain white subtitles. Will any future firmware allow changing subtitles color or allow to display other color if these are muxed into a video file? That would be something.

When I connect USB drive to my TV in some mkv video files I can see subtitles which are yellow) and can change audio. I think these are these with SRT subtitles or SSA ones. VobSub (zlib) are not supported I think because I receive a pop up message that it can be changed.

profile.country.GB.title
The_Black_Rose
Specjalista

Hi Pajusty,

To be honest with you, I am not sure if Sony can do this but I believe they always have a look at customer's feedback.

Hopefully, they'll take this one into account while releasing a new update.

Cheers,

Rose

profile.country.PL.title
pajusty
Poszukiwacz

Thank you Rose,

Yes, the only solution would be that new firmware release has option to dim subtitles or change their color to grey.

Let’s close the ticket.

Just for your awareness:

I ripped my BR disk with Bladerunner 2049 into m2ts and mkv. M2ts has nice grey pgs subtitles while mkv file with vobsub subtitles has this awful plaint white color which glares your eyes and creates blooming effect on my TV. See example attached.

best,

PawelStykówka-001.jpg

profile.country.PL.title
pajusty
Poszukiwacz

additionally you can see how too brights subtitles effect general picture/scene brightess. Midshadows are boosted way too much in the second row.

thanks,

pawel