Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia L3 - some texts not being received

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
TheChiel
Explorer

Xperia L3 - some texts not being received

A problem has ocurrred on my daughter's XPeria L3. Some texts are not getting through. There does not seem to be any logic to those not getting through. The problem seems to only have started in the last couple of days.

We have checked blocked numbers ( the numbers sending the unreceived texts are not blocked, and can give her an actual phone call and Whats App no problem ), service providers and phone types. For example, both my wife and I have Xperia L3s and are on Sky. My wife's texts get through to her immediately and with no problem but mine don't. For other phones and providers ( e.g. Vodafone, O2 ) most texts get through but some ( including her housemate's texts ) don't get through. 

We've done the turning off and turning on, but would be grateful for any advice on how to fix this  problem

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
TheChiel
Explorer

Thanks - I THINK I've fixed this by going into Text Settings and then Details, and activating the button that says "send SMS / MMS only". Certainly my daughter now gets my texts. I'm rather at a loss to explain why this should suddenly have happened after no problems for literally years.

Grateful for your response though 👍

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @TheChiel, have you tried testing different SIM card on the Xperia L3? or the same SIM card on different phone?

profile.country.GB.title
TheChiel
Explorer

Thanks - I THINK I've fixed this by going into Text Settings and then Details, and activating the button that says "send SMS / MMS only". Certainly my daughter now gets my texts. I'm rather at a loss to explain why this should suddenly have happened after no problems for literally years.

Grateful for your response though 👍

Piscie
Community Team

@TheChiel, terrific! Thanks for keeping us updated! :slight_smile: