Join now - be part of our community!

When composing an SMS i cant select a contact.

SOLVED
Not applicable

When composing an SMS i cant select a contact.

As I say when I create a new SMS I press the To field and start to enter a name and do not get any drop down field. I have a phone full of contacts and can reply to messages if they are send to me. In this case i am trying to forward a message to a contact.

It is the same if i clcik new message and click too, none of my contacts drop down.

Does anyone know why this is happening, how to fix it or if you are having the same problem. Its very frustrating to have such and advanced phone and not be able to select a contact to send a message too!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
suze
Leader

Do you have a large or mini.  This advice goes for the large.....

Are your contact numbers marked as mobile in the little drop down box next to their name in phonebook.  Cos if a mobile number is tagged work/home/other it won't be spotted by the messaging app.

Also try downloading Handcent SMS cos its better than the stock app imho.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable

Anyone even know someone to contact?

suze
Leader

Do you have a large or mini.  This advice goes for the large.....

Are your contact numbers marked as mobile in the little drop down box next to their name in phonebook.  Cos if a mobile number is tagged work/home/other it won't be spotted by the messaging app.

Also try downloading Handcent SMS cos its better than the stock app imho.

Not applicable

Thank you so much, that was driving me crazy, i had imported the contacts from my last phone and it seems to have just dumped all of them as home numbers. Will take a while to change them all but at least i know what the problem is.

Thanks again!!